There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Loved being an Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Microsoft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with some of the brightest, most hard working people ever. We worked hard and we played hard. Incredible benefits, people are very passionate about what they do. I strongly recommend if you have the opportunity to work for Microsoft that you take it.

Cons

Like any company, there were some internal politics that were not so fun to deal with.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good salary, smart people, work life balance.

Cons

Company is slow when compare to market condition or compitiion. Very conservative company in taking risks.

Get a new CEO please.

2. Diverse businesses with long stable careers still possible. Constantly changing.

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong enterprise business with big impact in may markets and multiple businesses in the billions of dollars. If you want to learn how to do business in a complex environment with field and partners, this is the place to get good at it. It is one of the few places you can still have a diverse and long careers possible. The constant learning and international opportunities are also unique.

Cons

Being a big company with strong entrenched businesses, you always need to be more strategic and be a strong influencer to get things done right. No cop out for cutting corners for the sake of being faster if it's not the right thing to do. The only above average pay means this is not the place if you are looking for a big payout, but the work, skills and camaraderie are worth it.

Take more bold risks and focus more strongly on consumer scenarios and experiences to win more customers

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft