There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

not great but it was okay

Former Employee - Intern  in  Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Intern in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Microsoft as an intern for less than a year

Pros

money and cool work with large area of impact

Cons

lack of autonomy and not enough flexibility in terms of work

8120 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

great place to build software

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great perks, great salary. coffee is free and great. great offices, great coworkers

Cons

sometimes feels too big. getting good hardware is possible, but tricky.

we need to improve our IC career path. we need to make sure the necessary tools and hardware can be purchased, being frugal is great, but penny wise and pound poor is wasteful as well

Steer clear of BLUE badge

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Free soda, coffee and parking. Bonus structure is good if you can get ranked well.

Cons

Inefficient, wasteful of company dollars, redundancy all over, immature organizations, back biting for the bonus, penalized for helping struggling employees (don't reach out a helping hand), steal others work and present it as your own, subjective review process, calibration is a farce (it has no relevance to your contributions), load yourself up with vendors so they can do your work and you will get more time to network with higher levels and take the vendors work as your own.

Can't even begin to start this section. Clean up your act or Microsoft will be stuck with those employees who have questionable work ethics and morals. The only reason why you are still doing business is due to the foundation products you are riding on historically. Deep pockets are allowing you to make self serving decisions that are NOT in the interest of MS. Competitors are going to take you out of the market if you can't mature and run like a real enterprise business. The old IPO mentality is long gone folks. You need the company to come together as ONE, not little mini companies competing. There is strength in numbers, collaboration and solving for the company's future. We aren't in the 70's anymore. Jump to the future of your business needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!