There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Senior Software Development Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

if every thing well around you , you will get a good bonus and salary

Cons

you don't learn or do too much as you are very busy on daily competition. The competition is not on innovation and deeper analysis. Employees are scared of trying new things as at the end what matters is not to have a failed project .

I think the company is focused on the employee review rather than focusing on how to bit Google and how to best use employees with what ever they can contribute. All the time employees are just thinking about how to make sure that they don't lose the bonus and preparing an exist strategy as the pressure is too much to stay.

I believe no can innovate while he or she is in pressure. Just let the 70 percent of the employees have free time to think and give you their share of the best of next generation. Instead of trying to deliver the best product to the whole world with mind set of 20% employee it is better to try to deliver the best to the whole world with the mind set of 70%. So don't undermine the 70%.If the majority is happy the company goes up if the majority goes down the company goes down!!!!

8195 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

not great but it was okay

Former Employee - Intern  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Intern in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Microsoft as an intern for less than a year

Pros

money and cool work with large area of impact

Cons

lack of autonomy and not enough flexibility in terms of work

Great company with management that doesn't listen

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company name. Great benefits.Some part of the company are working on some really cool things.

Cons

Lack of teamwork, it is hard getting management to listen to ideas. Instead of using smart thinking to solve problems the company just throws money at the problem until its fixed.

Start listening to employees. Stop manager from speaking to their management one way and treating the people below them completely different. As a company we need to acknowledge our mistakes not only in consumer business, but internal to the company as well. Employee morale has been on a free fall.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!