Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Great environment for software engineers

Program Manager Intern (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThey give you tons of equipment that you'll ever want or need.
Lots of smart people to be around all the time.
You're own office.
Free drinks whenever I want them.
Great cafeteria food and they even tell you what's healthy and not.
VERY VERY eco friendly environment.
Encourage you to go out and meet other people on campus so they have happy hours where they serve free beer and food. They also encourage you to join sports on campus and you can go at any time during work hours to do whatever you want, may it be working out, volleyball, on a run, chat with people, get food, they don't care just have fun.
The general thought is you can do whatever you want as long as your happy and you're getting your work done. You pretty much only HAVE to be in the office when you have meetings.
Great benefits in and outside of the work place.

ConsSince people are so free to do what they want its hard to deal with everyone schedules.
There's a lot of smart but very arrogant and hard headed people - dealing with them can be very difficult and sometimes its hard to get what you want done.
Lots of politics in the management.

Great company to work for.

Licensing Executive (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Adapting to change Takes competition seriously Work-Life Balance Good long term strategy Getting ready… Cons: Slow reacting to external changes Sometimes, politics play a key role in career… Advice to Senior Management: Keep watching competitors closely and don't forget that they are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Software giant

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pay well, job secure, stable. Cons: more office politics. not customer focused! Advice to Senior Management: be customer focus! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!