Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Overall great experience and learned a ton

Director (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThere are a lot of high quality highly talented people at the company. Being surrounded by a lot of high achievers is inspiring and can bring out your best performance. I made many great friends there that I respect deeply and miss working with.

You also get to work on huge, epic projects that very few companies in the world can do. It's fun to be a part of that even if it does make you feel like a small cog in a big machine.

The senior executives are extremely impressive for the most part. Smart, hard working and hold themselves accountable. Yes you can get a bit of ego along with that but I doubt it's any more so than other companies.

ConsAs others have written, it can get easy to get lost in such a big company. You really need to take charge of your career path, network and manage upwards. If you do so successfully you can have a nice career trajectory.

Also, in my opinion, the company is not moving agilely enough to keep up with the pace of changes in the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to move faster and please help the company work together more effectively than get in each others' way.

Good place to work

IT Program Manager (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Lot of resources (people, supplies, opportunities). Managers have in their commitments to support employee career development, they take it seriously. (Not all managers are good… Cons: You have to move up in your career, or move out. Lateral moves within a certain time period of any promotions are fine, but past… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the current performance system. It doesn't work. Comparing me to my peers, when I don't even know who I'm being… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Vendor analyst in security

Analyst (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Redmond campus is a great environment to work in. Microsoft provides many… Cons: Work experience varies greatly across workgroups, and can be miserable if you land in one of several overworked groups. Treatment of vendors varies… Advice to Senior Management: Bridge gaps between existing systems, projects, and data, with unidentified internal customers.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!