Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,477 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Fast paced business with lots of resources driving for integrity and market share

Technical Lead (Former Employee)

ProsThe company puts a lot of effort into making sure the employee is trained in all the necessary training that drives positive company image, integrity and business success.
The environment is positive and they offer free drinks and great lunch options.

ConsIt is very easy to get sucked into "Microsoft is the best and only solution", while there are many solutions that other companies have that are really really good.
Microsoft is a very big organization and the entire org does not turn on a dime anymore. However, things to change quickly when leadership pushes the company in one direction or another. In 4 years I had 8 different offices in 5 different buildings.
The review system pits you against your peers in a way that creates unhealthy competition at times.

Microsoft offers a variety of interesting technology challenges for people who like to work hard

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Interesting technology, very smart people, hard problems to tackle, competetive benefits, opportunity to move around and learn new things. Many… Cons: review process is brutal, people may be rewarded for re-invention, not always leading edge. Some pockets of collaboration but not as… Advice to Senior Management: consider changing review process to retain talent. Your employee talent and their intellectual… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Better for code writers

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Pros - I was able to get involved with some… Cons: Cons - The environment is some what toxic with most… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.