Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,478 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

A good place to work

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsGigantic space, single office. Smart and knowledgeable colleagues. Large scale projects. Meaningful work. Reasonably good salary. No state income tax in WA.

ConsMany jobs are about maintaining and improving mature products, thus less innovative. Innovative projects tend to be concentrated in certain fields. Overall, the company is currently less innovative than some of its competitors.

Microsoft is a good place to work for among the technology companies

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Microsoft has very high customer base of more than 1 billion customers. So working at Microsoft provides ability to impact and help billion customers around… Cons: Since Microsoft is a large company with large user base, there are very few product teams in the company that would provide start up experience… Advice to Senior Management: I believe that upper management is doing pretty well. I like the overall direction of the company and big bets that are being placed by… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Got to work with very intelligent and fun people in a creative environment.… Cons: I left when there was a freeze on allowing people to move to other departments/groups and… Advice to Senior Management: Don't sit back and watch good people leave because of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.