Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Explorer Intern Review

Former Employee - Explorer Intern  in  Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Explorer Intern in Redmond, WA

Pros

As an explorer intern I got to experience the three disciplines: dev, test, and pm. I got to interview at the end of my internship for an internship next summer. If you stay on the same team, it is very easy to get offered back a full time offer. There are tons of intern events within the department that I worked and with the interns as a whole. The work environment was great and everyone was very eager to help me. I loved the project that I worked on during the summer.

Cons

I am not a hug fan of the Seattle area. Redmond was very boring to me. I also did not have a car so I really couldn't get around much.

Other reviews for Microsoft

Microsoft is a good place to work for among the technology companies

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Microsoft has very high customer base of more than 1 billion customers. So working at Microsoft provides ability to impact and help billion customers around the world. There are many very popular products at Microsoft, so it's also convenient to just move across the company if you want to work on different types of products.

Cons

Since Microsoft is a large company with large user base, there are very few product teams in the company that would provide start up experience (if that's what someone is looking for). Having said that, there are always few teams at Microsoft that are working on new projects, so there is opportunity to find start up experience type projects.

I believe that upper management is doing pretty well. I like the overall direction of the company and big bets that are being placed by the company. It's a very interesting time for technology industry and Microsoft is very well positioned to deliver superior end user experience. Management has been aligning various parts of company to help company deliver on next big bets of Microsoft.

Loving it.

Current Employee - Software Developer Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Developer Engineer

Pros

Super intelligent colleagues, you can switch jobs within the same company.

Cons

No shuttle bus to where i live.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!