Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,479 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

It's been an amazing ride. So many opportunities to make massive impact on the world of computing.

User Experience Designer (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsSo many different products to choose from equals tons of opportunity to grow your career all within the safety of a single massive company. Great benefits especially for families or folks planning to have kids. Largely up to you to decide what to work on and when to work on it. AMAZING people to work with and learn form.

ConsDesign is largely driven by PM, so if you're not a PM this can be frustrating (this varies greatly depending on team and individuals though, some are wonderful). Depending on team dynamics the review process can be based heavily on politics and popularity rather than quality of work or business impact. Extremely difficult to get high quality designs pushed through into shipping code due to unusually constrained resources for such a RICH company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more money on your people! You make BILLIONS... give leads more budget to take their people out for drinks and to kick back. They deserve it. Throw away the forced curve review and actually trust leads to evaluate their people freely, ya know, since they're the ones that actually know them personally. Hire more developers so we can ship products faster and at a higher quality bar.

Senior Program Manager Lead

Senior Program Manager Lead (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Own the business as well as development details of a… Cons: Longer release cycle means usually are slower to market Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company who cares about their employees!

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits and the sense of giving back to the community. Cons: At times Microsoft gets in it's own way to innovate and quickly react… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.