Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Manager Owns Your Career

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMicrosoft has Great Pay and Health Benefits. You get to work with technical smart people and get to work with the latest Microsoft software and technologies.

ConsHorrible review system. Demoralizing to the workforce. Compete and backstab your own coworkers. Everything is great until you get a manager who you are not buddies with.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of stack ranking and meeting the curve. Stop cutting great benefits and getting rid of older employees with years of experience.

Best company I've worked at so far

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great compensation compared to other places I have worked. Good support from management chain on work life balance for employees. Each person's experience at Microsoft… Cons: Large company, everyone's experience differs. Some groups are toxic, and detrimental to employee motivation and health. Turnover seems to be high in groups… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

When I joined MSFT I received this advice: Here is a rope. You can either run with it or hang yourself.

Managing Director (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: When in sales or business development it is great to work for a recognized brand. I have never had problems getting meetings… Cons: Highly political and lots of people spending most of their time looking good instead of actually getting work done. The infamous rating system really… Advice to Senior Management: 1) Simplify the rating system to three ratings. We all know who the 1s are and we typically also know who the 5s are.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!