Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,474 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Overall a nice place to work and settle down

Program Manager II (Current Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

ProsGood work culture. Good people and nice policies.

ConsIt takes long time to establish yourself. i.e. to get promotions or decent ratings. they look for consistency and that means you got to be in the company for atleast 3, 4 years before you would get a good rating and thereby good increment and promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts dampening for people who despite performing well in initial year(s), do not get good rating because the consistency factor cannot be there. This de-motivates people who are performing.

Great working environment, lots of talented people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Microsoft

Pros: Fast-paced technological environment Very creative and talented people Flexible work conditions Cons: Very structured hierarchy Difficulty in retaining new/young talents More

Indeed an honor working for Microsoft

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Microsoft as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Amount of learning was amazing Cons: I dint find any downside since for me it was… Advice to Senior Management: You are doing a really awesome job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.