Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Excellent intern compensation package...quirky company culture

Intern (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsMicrosoft takes good care of its interns. Competitive compensation, including relocation, help with rent during your internship, a variety of intern-only field trips, and your choice of commuting benefits: car rental, bike plan (MS pays most of the $$ for a new bike), public bus pass, and wi-fi enables Microsoft commuter buses.

Job satisfaction will depend on which team you are embedded with.

ConsOn some teams, the expectation is that interns won't make a real contribution; and that your internship is just a public relations sales pitch to potential future employees.

The company culture is quite quirky; it seems that many employees aren't genuinely or wholeheartedly invested in Microsoft or the project their working on....evangelize Windows Mobile to your co-workers during the day, and play on the iPhone after work. Perhaps it's just about a nice paycheck and excellent benefits package.

Advice to Senior ManagementI found the mid-level managers to be quite competent; though sometimes there is a good-ol'-boy mentality to reward those who've been at Microsoft for awhile (rather than reward competence). Steve Ballmer can be embarrassing.

PM Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Microsoft

Pros: Compensation is great Health benefits are good Work can be interesting Microsoft prime… Cons: Leads are often too busy to meet with you Can be… Advice to Senior Management: . Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work unless you have a bad manager

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros: Super medical benefits Chance to move to different group after a couple of years. If you work in Redmond this benefit is very very attractive. Lot of… Cons: Bad manager can ruin you. In my case, my manager in the second group… Advice to Senior Management: Move fast and be bold like Google. Come up with… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!