Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,466 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Fun experience

Explorer Intern (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsMicrosoft - at least in the Office division - is pretty friendly. It's possible to work harder and get noticed. It's not very stressful.

As an intern, Microsoft throws a lot of money at you. Our Intern Signature Event was a trip to Boeing where they got us Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Deadmau5, and Surface Pro's. There were plenty of intern events, and with the intern mailing list, interns could arrange their own events based on specific interests (e.g. showing & discussion of UX lectures). And I got plenty of opportunities to talk to slightly higher-up FTEs.

Microsoft is full of very smart people. By talking to random people at events or on my team, I could have easily insightful discussions (on non-work-related topics).

ConsThe goals of Microsoft don't match the causes that I think are important. We support people volunteering ("day of caring"), but our products don't really aim to improve the world.

Big ship making a big sweeping turn.

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Teams are great, strong personalities, and great to work with. Working across groups is… Cons: Bureaucracy and calcified culture. Hot teams are HOT, not teams are not. Rock stars get the… Advice to Senior Management: What does Microsoft aspire to be? Are you hiring, nurturing and retaining talent to get you to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great perks, bland project

Hardware Engineer (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Talented and fun group to work in. Help was always available, and most were very friendly. The… Cons: The project was mundane and far below what should have been given to a potential full-time employee. This ruined… Advice to Senior Management: Before hiring an intern, make sure there is an interesting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.