Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,473 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Big ship making a big sweeping turn.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsTeams are great, strong personalities, and great to work with. Working across groups is difficult as commitments do not align and everyone is focused on their own delivery.

ConsBureaucracy and calcified culture. Hot teams are HOT, not teams are not. Rock stars get the spotlight, but the person that delivers every day, the person that executes without self-promotion is no valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat does Microsoft aspire to be? Are you hiring, nurturing and retaining talent to get you to that goal? Or, are you filling your team with like-minded resources creating an echo chamber of self-approval?

Great perks, bland project

Hardware Engineer (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Talented and fun group to work in. Help was always available, and most were very friendly. The… Cons: The project was mundane and far below what should have been given to a potential full-time employee. This ruined… Advice to Senior Management: Before hiring an intern, make sure there is an interesting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Big potential

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: 1. Good innovative teams 2. Great people 3. Great benfits Cons: 1. Review system may deal you a bad card Advice to Senior Management: 1. Keep innovating. keep the ground up culture Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.