Microsoft

www.microsoft.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Grew with the business, from Program Manager to Senior Service Engineer.

Former Employee - Senior Service Engineer in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Senior Service Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Starting in a growth area of the company provided a lot of opportunity to work on high-value projects and to see the tangible results of my contributions, which was nice. Also being part of the incubation team allowed for good visibility to senior management and plenty of opportunity to grow and evolve my responsibilities over the years as the business grew.

Cons

In the early years (0-2), there was churn at the mid-management level (and also senior management level at times) as the group matured and different skillsets were required, which impacted morale and productivity during transitions. Teams felt pressurized occasionally due to the perceived impact of failing to land critical projects and/or growing the business (i.e. signing new customers).

Automate, automate, automate

9252 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Fun ride so far, looking forward to new challenges

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The fact that you can experience so many varied career changes - both technology and work culture wise without ever leaving a company is something to cherish. Some of the new h/w coming out this year are breath taking and really motivating to the employees.

Cons

With a company this big sometimes things do move slowly and in the ever changing world that we live in that can be fatal. Sometimes ideas may be shot down because they are different or unexpected.

The new transformation "One Microsoft" is definitely the way to go and I commend the management on starting down this path. I urge them to complete this transformation to become a more nimble and agile company that can respond to changing technology landscape and become the world's leading technology company again.

A thoroughly enjoyable internship.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Microsoft as an intern

Pros

- Excellent pay & benefits
    - Work with some of the smartest people in the world
    - Long term stability

Cons

- Always fighting for visibility
    - Some teams don't seem very agile/efficient
    - Ranking system can cause friction

- Maintain quality intern program
    - Remove the forced curve on the reviews

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft