Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,470 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Work with some of the smartest people around.

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsThe best part about working for Microsoft is the smart talented people you get to work with. Excellent training for CS under-grads getting started in their career. Microsoft is also mostly merit-driven in the lower levels of the company with flexible career paths for people wanting to stay in the Individual Contributor roles.

ConsCompany has lost direction recently and the old guard is too set in its ways to turn the ship around to the recent changes in tech. Many middle managers are focused on their own careers than company's success. Some of this stagnation is frustrating when you are especially trying to develop or launch new products.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more customer focus. Lose the attitude of 'not built here'.

Fair

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: + Work life balance + Owns entire technology stack Cons: - Promotion depends on political climate of your team/org - Teams fight… Advice to Senior Management: Thin out the bureaucracy. Have less meaningless meanings. Be more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

In a word....AWESOME!

Product Advisor (Former Employee)
    Freehold, NJ

I worked at Microsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros: Lots of support from Teachers and Management. Plenty of encouragement and… Cons: Nothing. This is an A+ company to work for. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.