Just okay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salary is very competitive, environment tends to be good with the right group, technology is always cutting edge.

Cons

Some poor management at certain groups. Experience counts for little in some divisions. Favoritism is growing,

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

1. Program Manager

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time

Pros

Great infrastructure and brand. Constant development.

Cons

not available. not available. not available.

2. Challenging internship with a great team developing test utilities for Windows Azure

Current Intern - Windows Azure User Experience (User Experience) Software Development Engineer In Test in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My team was full of both bright and fun people who made going to work every day a pleasure, not only because it was fun, but because they were knowledgeable and reliable.

Cons

I was not placed in the proper team. I should have been in a lower-level position as I had never developed a website before and hadn't shown interest in doing so. That said, I grew from the experience, and getting hired full-time to the right team was a relatively painless process.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the interests of intern candidates. Although you can do any job for 12 weeks, it unfortunately will often pigeon-hole us at other companies. As an embedded developer before coming to Microsoft, I was quite worried I was only going to find web-dev jobs from other companies.