www.microsoft.com

Computer Science-HCI PhD student has a great time at Microsoft Research

Former Employee - Research Intern in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Research Intern in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

Smart, energetic people make the environment intellectually stimulating and fun. All of the resources that one needs to do excellent work and pursue new, ground-breaking ideas are in place. I was really impressed with this. Mentorship was also amazing.

Cons

The housing could have been a little better. I heard that some interns were assigned a pretty dingy place. That said, they had no problem transferring once they complained. I thought that the interns could have gotten more "swag" too: zune, etc. like the business or development interns. However, the research interns have a lot of opportunities to go on organized trips to varous locations around Seattle.

Keep up the great work!

8992 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Microsoft

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

Great work envirenment, work life balance, oppurtunity to work on many diffrent projects( system level development to distributed systems, web design etc), great to aquire solid technical expreince, seattles a great city to live in

Cons

The rain, not many networking oppurtunity outside microsofot

need more incubation projects becoming products

You will work hard and it can be rewarding.

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

Microsoft has a diverse population of very intelligent people with some wonderful ideas. The products are good and the company does give back to the community.

Cons

Microsoft is not very agile, frequently duplicates efforts, does NOT respect a 40 hour work week, and a re-org is just around the corner.

Formalute and stick with one vision. Make sure your middle tier of management is following through on the vision and doing more than empire building. While developers are important, the consumer is king.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft