Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,480 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Great innovative and hard working people

Senior User Experience Designer (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsVery tenatious people and aggressive goals (depends on your group) so the fire is always burning. The benefits are amazing as the employee and family are really taken care of. The campus is beautiful and natural, has easy parking, as well as wonderful cafeterias. There is much potential to move within the company.

ConsDepending on the group you work for the work/life balance can get really out of balance. Politics can slow down progress or innovation. The rating system put peers against each other which was not good but this system was removed this year.

Excellent mix of technology innovation, oppurtunities for professional growth and work-life balance.

Senior Software Development Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Wide variety of technology problems to tackle and address. Excellent… Cons: You may not always experience an agility of a startup/small-company. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One of the best companies to work

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Opportunities to work on a number of products and technologies with in the company - Switching roles from Dev,Test, PM to IC… Cons: - Review system though its been improved now. - in some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.