Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,470 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for with many changes coming

Senior Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsUpper management is making big changes to the company that should make it work better than it has in a long time. In June a reorganization was announced that will help teams work together better, and recently the employee evaluation system was overhauled so no longer will individuals be "ranked and yanked" on a forced curve. Both of these changes will help immensely with collaboration.

ConsThere is still lots of work to do to turn the company around. Cash cow businesses are nearly milked out, and there are many technologies that the company needs to mature in order to replace the revenue. Also, there is some uncertainty around who the new CEO will be and what the new CEO will do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep reinventing the company

Educational, challenging, and lucrative.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Talented, smart colleagues and leadership. Great benefits. Some products are fantastic.… Cons: If you're not careful, you'll forget how great you are. So it's important to focus on deliverables and get out of the bubble. … Advice to Senior Management: Sounds like MSFT is heading in this direction but unify the P&L's to consolidate job function areas and reduce costs associated with kingdom building. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One Microsoft

SMSG (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros: Consistent messaging....great opportunity for people who want to work hard and are committed to a long term vision...$15K… Cons: Review System - oh wait that just got changed! … Advice to Senior Management: Continue with the One Microsoft messaging and investing in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.