There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Couldn't ask for more...

Current Employee - Principal Test Manager in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Principal Test Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Able to work on well established software used worldwide or on small startup projects yet to be used by anyone. Opportunity to shift career across technologies and functional disciplines and limited only by your own imagination and drive. Each day you learn something new about and from one of your amazing coworkers from all over the world.

Cons

Outside perception within the industry about what Microsoft is all about.

Keep working to enable the fantastic folks that work with and around you and continue to celebrate innovation and delivery of high value customer scenarios. Demand the type of continuous improvement from each of the divisions that we all expect and let our customers know the range of scenarios that we can light up for them and that we care about their business.

reviews filtered by
  1. Microsoft is a great company.

I have been working at Microsoft full-time

Pros

Has lots of passionate employees
    Is willing to innovate on lots of fronts to change people's life
    Open culture in which you can bring up anything to discuss
    Great giving campaign

Cons

Too much infighting and ownership (territory) claiming
    Poor execution
    Poor vision on high level (especially related to online)

2. Challenging internship with a great team developing test utilities for Windows Azure

Current Intern - Windows Azure User Experience (User Experience) Software Development Engineer In Test in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

My team was full of both bright and fun people who made going to work every day a pleasure, not only because it was fun, but because they were knowledgeable and reliable.

Cons

I was not placed in the proper team. I should have been in a lower-level position as I had never developed a website before and hadn't shown interest in doing so. That said, I grew from the experience, and getting hired full-time to the right team was a relatively painless process.

Pay more attention to the interests of intern candidates. Although you can do any job for 12 weeks, it unfortunately will often pigeon-hole us at other companies. As an embedded developer before coming to Microsoft, I was quite worried I was only going to find web-dev jobs from other companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft