Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,478 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Couldn't ask for more...

Principal Test Manager (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsAble to work on well established software used worldwide or on small startup projects yet to be used by anyone. Opportunity to shift career across technologies and functional disciplines and limited only by your own imagination and drive. Each day you learn something new about and from one of your amazing coworkers from all over the world.

ConsOutside perception within the industry about what Microsoft is all about.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working to enable the fantastic folks that work with and around you and continue to celebrate innovation and delivery of high value customer scenarios. Demand the type of continuous improvement from each of the divisions that we all expect and let our customers know the range of scenarios that we can light up for them and that we care about their business.

Great place to learn about all things software.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Access to hundreds of thousands of technical experts in every area of technology. … Cons: Deep culture of arrogance stifles company wide innovation. Typical dysfunctional attitudes include: "We don't own that technology? It's evil." "I can… Advice to Senior Management: Advice to lower management: Require time be set aside on a weekly basis for creative innovation projects. Have a weekly meeting where your team… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Research Intern

Research Intern (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft part-time for less than a year

Pros: The research internship program is really well-organized. There're housing, car… Cons: No option for a return offer. Advice to Senior Management: Consider giving research interns options to work full-time after graduate. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.