Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

A roller coaster ride! Thus far!

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsCompetitive salary, excellent benefit package, good work/home life balance, training opportunities, advancement opportunities, dumped the dreaded ranking system, changing culture, challenging work, and an exciting future for the company.

During the "One Microsoft" re-org I've been lucky enough to have three new, awesome engineering managers to interact with. They are some of the best managers I have ever had in my entire career.

ConsAs a software engineer, if report to, or interact with, a terrible, non-caring, numbers only manager you, and your team, suffer the most. Microsoft seems full of these types of managers. It is best to change teams if you realize you have a terrible manager as soon as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlatten the management structure as much as possible. Become more design driven so we can move out of the past into the new Microsoft!

Good

Research Intern (Former Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at Microsoft as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Free snacks and drinks. Good working condition. Decent salary for… Cons: No free lunch and dinner. Public transportation to MSRA is… Advice to Senior Management: Keep working Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great employer with lots of opportunities

Execution Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: lots of opportunities across a wide variety of businesses Cons: very competitive environment limiting career progression opportunities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!