Really great company to work for in terms of work-life balance, benefits/perks, and general happiness!

Former Employee - Explorer Intern  in  Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Explorer Intern in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- The company treats it's employees great! Free gym membership, free transit pass, subsidized housing for interns, lots of free swag
- Just three words: Intern Signature Event. Best night of my entire internship by far. We got to taste all the best foods of Seattle, saw Macklemore and Deadmau5 in concert, got tours of the Boeing factory in Duck Tour Boats, and received a surface pro 2 as an intern gift (before it was even released to the public!!)
- Lots of events and after-work programs for everyone! I attended "Stay and Draw" events, salsa lessons, etc.
- The campus is very nice and there's shuttle service to different buildings
- Ppl don't care which internet browser, phone, or search engine you use (my over-consciousness about the whole thing was really just in my head, more than anything)
- Upper management is very accessible and willing to talk to interns (I was able to ask the dev manager of my team for 1-on-1 lunch and she was very nice!)
- Lots of opportunities for career growth
- Lots of supports from mentors as an intern
- Lots of fun intern-only events :D

Cons

- I was in Office, so the development cycles were really long (although much shorter than what it used to be)
- The recruiters can be EXTREMELY pushy. They won't take no for an answer, and they don't seem to understand why, as a student, you'd want to experience other companies/industries
- Sometimes it feels like Microsoft fosters mediocrity
- Felt like my intern project didn't have much impact

Give more relevant intern projects that make an impact