Microsoft

www.microsoft.com
  www.microsoft.com
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Learned a lot, decent compensation. Sometimes infuriating.

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In the right team you'll work with great people and learn all the time. Microsoft is involved in a huge number of different products and roles, and mobility within the company is normally fairly easy. It can actually be a great place to learn new skills - after you've built a track record of success people will give you a try at things you probably wouldn't have been hired into directly.

Cons

In the wrong team you'll work against great people and make each other dumber. Don't expect your management to help you find a good fit - it just isn't something the company is good at. You need to manage your own career. Keep shopping yourself around. Don't get stale.

8788 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Nice

Former Employee - Summer Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Summer Analyst in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Really good pay and benefits, good culture, good people, and cushy work hours. It's not Apple or Facebook, but they more than compensate you for it.

Cons

Couldn't really give mention of a con that would hold true across the entire company. But given that it is such a big company, I guess there is less predictability in knowing what kind of sub-culture you will find yourself in.

n/a

great

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

we do not have a dress code ever. we get good compensation, and benefits. my bosses are kind and helpful

nothing