There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Great tech company, Canada lacks it's USA counterpart though.

Current Employee - Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great tech company to work for and tries to keep up with others who are all fighting for our attention.

Cons

Some perks in Canada are not up to the USA perks. Food court is good idea but it lacks inspiration and not what USA experiences. Bring standArds up, we are Microsoft.

Advice to Management

Get consistency to other techs companies by treating canada like part of the company. Which campus I work in should not dictate how I am treated.

Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft

1. Great workplace with an abundance of resources made available

Current Employee - Technical Lead
    Current Employee - Technical Lead

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work culture is one of the best in the world, peers are passionate about technology, there is always something new to learn everyday, new challenges every day will keep you ticking and there would not be a single boring day [provided you are in the right job that's aligned to your passion], people never say no to helping you out or pointing you in the right direction.

Cons

This is a global company that's spread across all time zones and working with colleagues from other parts of the globe is a day to day affair [which is a good thing for exposure and networking]. But with all the networking you can see how the company doesn't maintain parity between two employees doing the same thing but located in two different countries. designation and compensation wise one could be two or three levels below the other, irrespective of talent the former has and the latter lacks. This can be traced back to geo-politics and economies, but Microsoft as a company must and should rise above this and respect talent - irrespective of region. The current model is unfair.

Advice to Management

Managers to individual contributors in the company play a key role in building/destroying the employee's experience at the workplace. Microsoft needs better quality control on low level managers.

2. Very good experience in MSRA

Former Intern - Research Intern in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Former Intern - Research Intern in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I worked at Microsoft as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Mentor can give very helpful advice Good salary Unlimited fruits/drinks

Cons

i do not like the restaurants