Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Creative, innovative environment that still as potential

Senior Director (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsSmart people and great name brand company. It is hard to deny the fact that Microsoft hires the best of the best. Changing tides are still yet to determine what MS environment will be like under Satya but indicators look good.

ConsIt's not as stable as it use to be - years ago, you know if you worked hard you didn't have to worry about getting laid off. I didn't get laid off but just the threat of it created a very stressful work environment. Rating system really makes doesn't seem fair for a company that makes billions of dollars.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't layoff all your legacy resources because history can still teach the future....

A stagnant company - More focused on its "diversity" than results

Principal Consultant (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Company name recognition - If you say you work at Microsoft,… Cons: This is a company in a cultural free-fall. Microsoft used to be its own worst critic - it helped improve its software by internally having high… Advice to Senior Management: The MACH (college) hires aren't working out. You brought in new blood with no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Monolithic

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros: Met a lot of great people. Cons: Behind-the-times, out of touch, moves glacially. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!