Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Amazing place to work

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros1.Work with some of the smartest people in the industry.
2.Learn great software engineering practices and processes.
3.Meet and learn from people who wrote various engineering books and articles.
4.Prestige of working for Microsoft R&D.
5.Flexible work schedules to match your work life balance and to spend time with family.
6.Great pay and benefits which are competitive in the industry
7.Decent work life balance
8.What you implement will be used by millions of people around the world and that is a very satisfying thing to know that you can impact a global change.

Cons1. Work life balance can take a hit at times during tight deadlines.
2. Salary can be increased a little bit more to be at par with Google and Facebook to prevent some employees from leaving for those companies :)
3. Nothing else really !

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should start focusing more on future technology trends and use all the really smart people and talent to come out with something really innovative that people will love. Time to market delivery should be improved greatly so that we don't fall behind other companies and we can be the market leader again !!!

Great company

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Great benefit, great pay, awesome teammates, nice work environment Cons: Managers play a big part in your career, awesome managers… More

Treated like an independent thinker

Program Manager (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: salary, work/home life balance, flexibility. Cons: easy to get lost in the crowd. long hours Advice to Senior Management: reorganizing divisions every few months causes a disconnect and confusion.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!