Microsoft

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Great normally

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft (more than 10 years)

Pros

Normally a great place to work, IF you have a good group

Cons

IF your group is one of the ones that is in trouble everything will suffer, career, work life balance, salary, bonus.
It can be a hyper political place as well

Keep up the new focus, lighten the politics and do the right thing for the employees and the customers.

8654 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

The wind is at our backs

Current Employee - Senior Talent Sourcer
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Sourcer

I have been working at Microsoft full-time

Pros

Amazingly smart and passionate people who now realize we're no longer in the drivers seat but must work smart/hard to delight customers and excite employees. Great compensation/benefits, attention paid to work/life balance and now we have a leader that "gets it."

Cons

Very Washington/Redmond-centric; we definitely need to open positions up for remote employees globally. Though the old culture is slowly giving way to a faster, more agile approach to delivering great products, the remnants of our former culture still remain. We have to get rid of the things that bogged us down and put us in silos and embrace the change that Satya speaks about, fully.

Keep Satya at the forefront of the company, not just externally but internally. His energy, his desire for the right kind of change and his vision for new products/technology needs to be felt/heard as much as possible.

Great benefits and people if you can find them

Current Employee - User Experience Design Intern in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - User Experience Design Intern in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Pay, stability, work/life balance (big corp, not held too accountable for much), Seattle-based, working with some tech legends

Cons

Lack of culture, feels stale, they're changing things up but there's only a few groups that have a great culture and you have to know what you want beforehand to get yourself there. Little impact, waterfall methods. Median age 40+

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft