Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Perfect place to work at

Principal Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsAt Microsoft, you get to work on cutting edge technologies and compensation is more than satisfactory. Maintaining a work-life balance is completely possible. Time off is ample and health benefits are among the best ones offered in the industry even with the recent changes due to spiraling costs. What you do can affect literally millions of people and you have the opportunity to bring about change for the better.

ConsIf you are aiming to become a multimillionaire fast, Microsoft is not the place to work at. (OTOH if you've actually matured into a multi-dimensional person, you realize that you can have a fulfilling life and career at the same time and Microsoft is one of the better places to do that).

The constant second-guessing by the industry wears you down. Work politics can make your life hard but the feeling is that it's going to be much better -- and much more different -- with Satya.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your engineers.

Very good job choice if you want to live and work in the greater-Seattle area.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time

Pros: Benefits are really good. Pay is competitive. Cons: Promotions are often shrouded in mystery without public announcements or acknowledgments. Intellectual horsepower, great teamwork, and delivering results above-and-beyond the typical employee do not result… Advice to Senior Management: Make promotions public and advertise your top performers at each level. Give public feedback on the specific examples on why those… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Balanced corporation

Anonymous (Current Employee)

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Work/life balance, flexibility, you can make your job whatever you… Cons: Constant re-orgs, just as you start to dig into your… Advice to Senior Management: Need solid leadership direction at the middle management level. Senior leadership… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!