Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Some groups are very political; non-technical people run the show; job-doers are sidelined in favor of networkers.

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsIt is a big company. I am sure there are other teams with better work atmosphere. Make sure you know the GM is a sound guy. Work culture in group trickles down from top.

ConsSome groups like mine are very bad places to be. The leaders and their lackeys are all about making their fiefdoms and promoting their careers at the cost of honest workers, and hence the company. Backstabbing is common.
If you rub your manager the wrong way, nothing can save you. Managers have absolute powers. HR exists only to help the managers keep their directs under check.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cannot change company culture by retaining the same old management. The people in senior leadership positions are there because they know how to play the politics and navigate the system. Bring in new people if you really want to change company culture.

Regret I spent years of my life there

Software Development Engineer II (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - To some people outside the "circle", they would respect you for being a Microsoft employee, especially in… Cons: - A company past its creativity curve. Only tiny portion of the projects are interesting, and people will fight for you. If you newly join… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

very good experience

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: learn how to resolve dependency Cons: very slow to move forward No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!