Microsoft Corporation

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great projects, still plenty of innovation, execution people continue to be a premium
Compensation including benefits was more than fair for my responsibilities

Cons

Politics, performance review process broke that requires you be a brand manager of your work
Given the complexity of organization structure, can be tough to drive collaboration and results

Learn and apply servant and situational leadership techniques, culture tends to stifle creativity and innovation since it's a bit of a make my director manager happy on up the chain

Other Reviews for Microsoft

I like the company and its product but have a very bad manager experience

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good products, good perks, good salary.

Cons

Promotes very young employees as people managers who do not understand what managing people means. I have had two very bad managers and two very good managers. The good ones encouraged my strengths and gave room to improve the skills that I lacked. The two worst ones that I encountered only concentrated on the skills that I lacked without acknowledging the work I accomplished. As a result they pushed my career back by about 4 to 5 years. I left the company now and do not wish to join it anytime soon. The only reason I stuck with the company for so long was because I like MS products and their pay was good.

Kindly do not promote <35 year olds to manage people. Often times they manage people who are much older than they are and have a very biased and arrogant view of people reporting to them.

Review Microsoft.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Love the work life balance and all the perks.

Cons

Can't think of any Cons at this time.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!