Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,478 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Great place to build a career

Human Resources Director (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsMicrosoft is full of smart, passionate people who want to make a difference. People generally strive to do their best and work hard, which means a lot to me since I care deeply about my work and love being surrounded by people who feel likewise.
The company supports movement and stretch opportunities and if you work hard you can really make a great career and make a difference.

ConsWorkload is pretty high and it can be tough at times to maintain balance, but I don't know that it's any different for any other top global company, especially in this economy.
Decision making is hard to figure out sometimes - at what level is a decision being made, who owns it and is it mandatory once made.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat product line up and love the focus on the cloud.... we really need to become awesome at collaboration and decision making across businesses to make it happen.

Great place to work. Immense talent all around,.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Microsoft

Pros: Lot of great people around. Help is always only an email away.… Cons: Not the best salary. Promotions can be slow as there… Advice to Senior Management: Make it lean. Fire some more people. Microsoft needs to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Place to Work

Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: - God place to work, lots of long hours and… Cons: some groups capped in growth, stock is going no where, options are gone but grants are OK,… Advice to Senior Management: we need strong leadership in the core products, MS has a lot of long bets which may or may not play out, cut 1/2 the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.