There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Great place to build a career

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

Microsoft is full of smart, passionate people who want to make a difference. People generally strive to do their best and work hard, which means a lot to me since I care deeply about my work and love being surrounded by people who feel likewise. The company supports movement and stretch opportunities and if you work hard you can really make a great career and make a difference.

Cons

Workload is pretty high and it can be tough at times to maintain balance, but I don't know that it's any different for any other top global company, especially in this economy. Decision making is hard to figure out sometimes - at what level is a decision being made, who owns it and is it mandatory once made.

Advice to Management

Great product line up and love the focus on the cloud.... we really need to become awesome at collaboration and decision making across businesses to make it happen.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

good benefits but competitive culture

Current Employee - Software Design Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Software Design Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

health benefits are very generous

Cons

competitive culture can be unpleasant

Advice to Management

competitive culture can be unpleasant, butt in seat environment can make it unattractive to those who live in seattle and have to deal with 520 (connector uses the same road as everyone else)

2. Good company with good people, just needs to be turned in a different direction.

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

The company has a hand in a lot of things, so you can find something you like. Makes software everyone in the world uses. Career growth is unlimited if you work the system.

Cons

Not open to new ideas. Processess are slow, it easier to create a new process then get rid of an old one. Probably not going to do well going forward in the consumer space.

Advice to Management

Fear the underdog, make better products and stop just doing the same thing over and over because it worked for Windows and Office.