Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,466 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Only good for parents' bumper stickers "My child works for Microsoft"

Operations Engineer (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsMicrosoft is this world's largest software development company, this looks good to future employeers. Employees receive discounts when purchasing normally overpriced software.

ConsYou have to pay for food and snacks. Not a comfortable work environment, they discourage peaceful and collaborative working. They do not promote based on quality of work instead they promote based on popularity and their review system. Hard work is NEVER rewarded here, instead employees are promoted when they do less work and leave early. At Microsoft, if one person in management, regardless of their direct connection to you, doesn't like you, your next review will be damaged. I've received only one 0.5% raise in nearly 5 years of service. Microsoft has horrible retention of long term employees. Management is free to ridicule employees. They 'claim' raises and promotions can happen any time but I have never seen anyone recieve a promotion or raise outside of once a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the survey feedback provided by employees, not just the management feedback. Attempt to correct salary and level mistakes as soon as possible. I have seen many highly talented people leave Microsoft after a couple years because Microsoft fails to appreciate employees.

The best corporate job in the world, if you want a corporate job.

Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Microsoft

Pros: Resources a mile wide and a mile deep. Microsoft has lots of money and is committed to spending in on its people. So compensation is… Cons: It seems like everyone on the outside hates Microsoft, which can make it a little demoralizing to work there. It is a large company, and… Advice to Senior Management: Hire someone with good, strong opinions about software to help guide Microsoft out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Microsoft is a great place to work

Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Great people, fun job opportunities and great health plan Cons: Lots of hours and very bureaucratic Advice to Senior Management: Communicate even more Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.