Microsoft

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Great Company, Could be Better

Current Employee - Principal Program Manager in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Principal Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Microsoft has a great working atmosphere that is better than most companies in the world. Pay and benefits have improved in the last few years and are hard to beat. Despite many frustrations with the Microsoft is a great company to work for.

Microsoft is trying to change it's culture to be more contribution and using the ideas of the greater company. It remains to be seen if this will happen. This change in culture will be one of the most positive changes the company has if it is successful. In two years I would love to update this review to see if it really will make an impact.

Cons

Work life balance and internal politics often make the company a frustrating place to work. While I have heard of groups where the work culture is relaxed, I have never seen them or been a part of it. Internal advancement and opportunities can be very frustrating to understand and difficult to understand.

Many senior and middle managers still believe in a culture of intimidation and oppressive culture. There is a move to try and change this culture but these behaviors are hard change. I have high hopes for Microsoft, though it's future remains cloudy.

Discover how to get the most of company acquisition and learn how to focus on key priorities. Microsoft has yet to successfully acquire a company and have it contribute to the overall Microsoft growth. The Microsoft culture of arrogance and accepting others ideas. Leadership needs to understand that it's parts are greater than the whole.

8654 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Microsoft Store

Current Employee - Product Advisor in Corte Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Product Advisor in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and FREE phone and tablet.

Cons

Hard to get a promotion. I personally applied for 10 positions outside of my home store and only had one interview, you will be lucky to get a thanks but no thanks email. The company hires based off of your gender and race not based off of skill. Hire a TON of Best Buy people. Little to no marketing about the stores. Too many products rotating in stock makes it hard to stay current on training and keep customers happy.

STOP HIRING FROM BEST BUY! Learn how to spend money on marketing the retail stores existence.

Big company with a lot of possibilities

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance,
    Stay fit program,
    good health insurance program,

Cons

You will be cornered in the Microsoft stack of technologies

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft