Microsoft

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Enterprise sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The most amazing people, very supportive culture, zero micro-management, ability to work on cool projects and get exposed to very senior leadership are the best things about MSFT. The company is doing great things at this time and employees are quite inspired. Company's stock has performed very well in the past few years and the salary and benefits are quite aggressive for new hires. I personally was positively surprised by how cool the company was as compared to my original perception. Perhaps, this is the result of the new CEO.

Cons

As a new employee you are very likely to get a bit overwhelmed at first by the amount of information you receive. This passes, however.

Don't stop doing what you are doing!

8788 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Has been a great place to be a Service Engineer

Current Employee - Operations Service Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Operations Service Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You work with some of the smartest folks on earth and from all over the world. This company is aware that you have a life outside work. Even though we were expected to work hard there was understanding when I had to have time away for other interests. I have enjoyed feeling like the work I do in the Windows Team had a global effect. I have never been ashamed to say I work at Microsoft.

Cons

The challenges of working with the annual review system that has taken more time and resources than it ever should, often changes but never really seem to address the problems inherent to the system. Managers that have never learned to manage and others who are great and yet do not get the recognition that they deserve.

Value your workers, find a way to recognize the amazing value that you have in your personnel. Make them all proud to be there and listen to them before you makes sweeping changes.

Top heavy but an amazing company to work for

Current Employee - Optical Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Optical Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility in your schedule is simply amazing. Great pay and benefits. There are opportunities to take your career to any direction you desire.

Cons

way too many managers and poor communication

flatten organization. Promote communication between groups

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft