Enterprise sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The most amazing people, very supportive culture, zero micro-management, ability to work on cool projects and get exposed to very senior leadership are the best things about MSFT. The company is doing great things at this time and employees are quite inspired. Company's stock has performed very well in the past few years and the salary and benefits are quite aggressive for new hires. I personally was positively surprised by how cool the company was as compared to my original perception. Perhaps, this is the result of the new CEO.

Cons

As a new employee you are very likely to get a bit overwhelmed at first by the amount of information you receive. This passes, however.

Advice to Management

Don't stop doing what you are doing!

reviews filtered by

Still a great company, but desperately needs to be leaner and more efficient

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work with some of the smartest people daily. I frequently have opportunity to brainstorm with smart minds about ideas, software designs, and implementation. It's actually a good place to improve your own knowledge while making impact to millions of users if not more.

Cons

Well, it's a huge company. Inefficiency and bureaucracy are very easy to spot. There are easily about 30% people, if not more, who are not really contributing anything. But some of them are getting promoted due to office politics.

Advice to Management

Stay hungry, stay nimble

2. Overall amazing experience, perfect internship!

Current Intern - Software Development Engineer
    Current Intern - Software Development Engineer

I have been working at Microsoft as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of my favorite parts about Microsoft is the amazing work/life balance. At work, all of the people in the office really encouraged me to grow and learn as much as possible. I had the chance to pick my own summer project and was challenged the right amount. They also plan tons of cool events for interns which made the experience even better, especially the signature event!

Cons

Pretty standard office environment, I was lucky to work in a revamped open workspace, but some buildings still have closed off office format which doesn't work well for everyone.