Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Mixed feelings

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThe compensation is good for reasonable amounts of work. Maintaining a solid work life balance is easy. When I have a team I click with, coming to work is nice.

ConsMy managers have been decent, but not necessarily great for me. To a large extent, it's about personality, and I'm a bit difficult. My current manager has been great.

There's a bit of a bubble mentality among some employees -- not all -- who don't necessarily see other options available to our customers.

To make an impact, you need to be deep within your role; having a broader perspective isn't necessarily valued.

You need a thick skin to handle the abuse from outside the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't buy into your own propaganda that only Microsoft is capable of accomplishing certain goals. That's not the case, and such a worldview is dangerous to the company.

Excellent work place

Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Working at Microsoft gave me a pretty good experience that you… Cons: Some business owners that I know doesn't know much of what they are doing, they are simply… Advice to Senior Management: I think this reflect to my cons of working at Microsoft, I don't think everyone is so bright as you think and a lot of… More

Good environment but politics ruining honest rewards and promotion

Senior Software Development Engineer Lead (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Results-oriented culture, plenty of resources to get things done, people are helpful. Reasonable focus… Cons: Keep making the same stupid mistakes as a company, and those who make the mistakes keep getting rewarded and promoted until… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on customer satisfaction (quality, key needs met, compelling product updates regularly) and they will happily buy your products. Keep employees happy (work-life balance respected,… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!