Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Microsoft Rocks and Rolls

ProsMicrosoft is a great company for the following reasons: amazing benefits (medical, dental, alternative care, etc.); encouraging diversity (employee action committees for everything from gay & lesbian group to dicussion groups for homeowners); flexible work environment (wired everywhere); and good amenities.

ConsMicrosoft could improve: management training (get rid of the 10%s sooner rather than later); change management (centralize processes for re-orgs); and transparency in promotions, training and opportunities. The variation of these three areas across the company can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople don't leave Microsoft because the job is bad or tough, they leave Microsoft because of bad managers. Invest in people management as an asset to be managed as closely as P&L.

Sales

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Good salary, great benefits, always promoting career advancement Cons: high stress, no formal training & no company car Advice to Senior Management: good job Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

general

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: good place of work, Healthy environment. good campus work life balance. Good… Cons: fierce competition and management should have more business insight. Company has… Advice to Senior Management: Should have better insight . Better marketing Better innovation Think out of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!