Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

We all have choices

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsGood benefits, strong infrastructure support, still some good people.

ConsI recently left the company, after over a decade, and wish that I had done it much sooner. There is far too much middle-management, all hoping to get their name in lights, and backstabbing others along the way.

The management structure and the review system both strongly contribute to an inability to innovate, and be truly proud of making a difference in the industry.

Strong benefits aside, there are much, much better places to spend your creative energy, and be equally recompensed. The company used to be known as "MICROSOFT", and now they are simply another company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to "management" is to reduce yourself...stop giving yourself top 10% reviews simply because you change project names mid-stream, and find a job that you can truly add value to the industry in.

International Project Engineer

Intl Project Engineer (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: One of the best reasons to work at Microsoft is the… Cons: One potential downside working at Microsoft can be the amount… Advice to Senior Management: Something that would really make a difference and perhaps re-invent Microsoft would be for it to… More

Opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Many projects and smart people Cons: Too many managers, too few doers Advice to Senior Management: Trim the management layer No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!