Nice place to hatch eggs

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

Salary and Benefits and and and....

Cons

You could get away with murder if you know how to suck up to management. Technical expertise is something they think they know but how far behind the employees really are they would know only if they left the company and joined any other gig or were kicked out

Fire yourself!!

Other Reviews for Microsoft

We all have choices

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

Good benefits, strong infrastructure support, still some good people.

Cons

I recently left the company, after over a decade, and wish that I had done it much sooner. There is far too much middle-management, all hoping to get their name in lights, and backstabbing others along the way.

The management structure and the review system both strongly contribute to an inability to innovate, and be truly proud of making a difference in the industry.

Strong benefits aside, there are much, much better places to spend your creative energy, and be equally recompensed. The company used to be known as "MICROSOFT", and now they are simply another company.

My advice to "management" is to reduce yourself...stop giving yourself top 10% reviews simply because you change project names mid-stream, and find a job that you can truly add value to the industry in.

Really boring place. No spirit.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

I have excellent Benefits. I haven't had a single health care expense since starting, no premiums, deductibles, and co-pays. The legal benefit is excellent

Cons

Not much work life balance. It's not a fun place. Everyone is competing against each other. I don't think my accomplishments are always noted.

You haven't done a very good job valuing my accomplishments. I sometimes feel there is some degree of cultural bias when it comes to reviews and promotions. You are constantly playing catch up to competitors. Try to get ahead of the curve.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!