Microsoft

www.microsoft.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Microsoft, a great place to work

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer Intern in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer Intern in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

The people are simply amazing. The coworkers are friendly, helpful and easy-going. You will often see people helping each other out with issues and answering questions, even if it means taking time out of their schedule There is little office politics and one's hard work does not go unnoticed. There is a lot of fun events designed to keep employees in the loop about upcoming Microsoft developments and technologies. There are often technical demos and presentations.

Cons

The weather in the region is pretty gloomy. It is often cloudy. Also, there are not enough women in the workplace.

Concentrate on interoperability and researching consumer needs.

9262 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

My review is beyond my expactation and my manager can recognize my contribution.

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

Clear carrer path within Microsoft. Fair in promotion. Well paid and good health insurance coverage.

Cons

Stock award is given in five years :)

Have peer to peer reveiw in the whole review system.

Still good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

Work on technically challenging products with smart, motivated engineers. There very good, deep products, like Windows, Office, Exchange, SQL, Xbox, Search, to name a few. Rarely does a company give you chance to touch so many customers.

Cons

Too much politics - there is a lot of energy spent in trying to keep folks happy. This happens at the expense of productivity. I can see how a startup company can be 10x more effective than us with small projects - the MS machine is just so darn slow.
    The review system is not encouraging people to give their 100%.

Company has grown too big. Trim some of the groups that are not delivering. Get rid of people who are doing the bare minimum to keep their jobs. Hire only elite people. Motivate everyone else to give their 100% - raise salaries, bonuses and stock awards.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft