Microsoft

www.microsoft.com
  www.microsoft.com
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Great place to work but it is not like any other engineering company around.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

At Microsoft you will receive the best benefits package around. You get to work with some of the smartest people on the planet. As long as you get your job done, your schedule is exactly what you make of it. Be sure to be open to critical feedback.

Cons

A good percentage of those smart people have a big ego and so you have to figure out how to coexist. Politics is HUGE at Microsoft. There are a lot of folks who make technical decisions that have no business making those decisions.

I think politics still play far too large of a part at Microsoft. The upper management still does not get that we have to take risks to get ahead and consequently you have great ideas that die based on risk.

8616 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Good experience that provides opportunity to grow.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

some of the main reasons I have for working at Microsoft is challenges, and diversity of areas that you can participate in.

The most interesting part of MS experience is being able to learn and simulate real business scenarios while remaining in a single company.

Cons

Politics, very different experience on different teams.

Learning

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

Health Benefit. Huge opportunity to grow. Learning experience. Challenges at work. Aggressive colleagues. Supportive management. Flexible somehow for work life balance.

Cons

Salary is not competitive. Stagnant stock growth. Non competitive technologies. Not much creativity. Some what arrogant attitude in the team.

Respect to young creative talents. More spending on research in hand held devices. Expanding ideas in hand held device technology.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft