Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,468 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work but it is not like any other engineering company around.

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsAt Microsoft you will receive the best benefits package around. You get to work with some of the smartest people on the planet. As long as you get your job done, your schedule is exactly what you make of it. Be sure to be open to critical feedback.

ConsA good percentage of those smart people have a big ego and so you have to figure out how to coexist. Politics is HUGE at Microsoft. There are a lot of folks who make technical decisions that have no business making those decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think politics still play far too large of a part at Microsoft. The upper management still does not get that we have to take risks to get ahead and consequently you have great ideas that die based on risk.

Learning

Software Test Engineer (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros: Health Benefit. Huge opportunity to grow. Learning experience. Challenges at… Cons: Salary is not competitive. Stagnant stock growth. Non competitive technologies.… Advice to Senior Management: Respect to young creative talents. More spending on research in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Please to start working

Associate Technical Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: I came in as a MACH College hire, and I… Cons: The Pay in the College hire is verry low, and… Advice to Senior Management: N/A Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.