Microvision

www.microvision.com
There are newer employer reviews for Microvision

Working for Microvision

I have been working at Microvision

Pros

cool technology, decent pay, cool coworkers. Fun time working on new technology. Free drinks, small cafe.Overall, its a pretty decent job.

Cons

too much work, extra time not compensated. poor communication among teams. busy all year round, no taking it easy time. lots of deadlines.

More free time, less tightly bound schedules, more communication would really make microvision a good place to work for everyday.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Microvision (View Most Recent)

Microvision - when you work here, you make a difference.

I have been working at Microvision

Pros

This is a small, active company working on leading-edge display technology. The work is so complex it requires a team approach. Each person on the team is important to the company's success, and this is reflected in way management and co-workers treat each other. Pay, benefits and work conditions are above average because the people who work here are above average, including the management. Standard expectations are for outstanding performance. The work is interesting, and the company management is interested in the work. Every attempt is made to provide support to employees in order to accomplish the needed work, however, see the comments in the next section. The work environment is invigorating, the work is exciting, everyone is encouraged to do the best job they can, and most people do, most of the time.

Cons

As a small company, some resources are not available. Everyone, all the time, is stretching to get done what needs to be done. There is a fairly constant feeling of being overloaded.

Try to cut back on the project list.

Microvision is a great place!

Current Employee - Not Telling As We Run So Thin A Job Title Would Give It Away. in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microvision

Pros

The best reason to work at Microvision is the people. Everyone is very competent and driven. While this can be frustrating at times, it can also be quite inspirational. The next best reason is the technology. The technology that Microvision has is amazing and is sure to revolutionize the display industry.

Cons

Some of the downsides to working at Microvision is that Senior Management is not very good at communicating down to the regular employees. It's a bit embarrassing having a relative call me about a press release that I hadn't heard because we don't say anything internally. I think it was almost two months before they announced a huge sale of bar code scanners to the rest of the company. When all you are selling is one product at the moment those kinds of wins help pick people up!

One other big downside is that much of the company needs to switch their thinking from how they were before. I've never worked at a place that actually sold something that had so many barriers in place to finishing a sale, so many signatures are needed and physical pieces of paper need to go places, it's very inefficient. There are definite growing pains here as the company goes from an R & D house to a company that actually sells consumer products.

One final downside is that we are running very lean on people so often times you have to do things that are completely outside of your scope. While this is good at times, sometimes it feels like you get setup for failure.

I would urge Senior Management to celebrate the wins when they happen. Also if there's news going out, even if it's "non news" let the rest of the company know so we don't look stupid when people ask us about it.

There are newer employer reviews for Microvision