Mid America Clinical Laboratories

Just Okay...

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Mid America Clinical Laboratories part-time

Pros

Multiple locations in Indiana allow more flexibility to work close to home. Annual performance-based bonus opportunity possible.

Cons

Reactive, not proactive. Poor training program. Management does not actively involve employees in determining solutions to problems, ways to improve. Little interest shown in employee satisfaction. Salary is based on years of experience, not competency/skills/contribution of employee. Very small step-up in pay for promotion to higher levels (lead tech, supervisor). Compensation is disappointing overall.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Mid America Clinical Laboratories (View Most Recent)

Recently turned over to Mid America Clinical Laboratories

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Bedford, IN
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Bedford, IN

I have been working at Mid America Clinical Laboratories part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Double-time on recognized holiday's. Paid time off is acquired. Some of our previous hospital techniques have become easier to manage and we're now considered a STAT laboratory.

Cons

Patient system is a DOS program that does not meet the needs of a hospital setting, very low tech (used by all MACL locations). Tight on the budget and lost some great supplies and earned some that our less safe in terms of patient contact.

We have been in operation for many years. Please, respect that before you attempt to change the entire outlook and operation of our company overnight.

NOT "Best Places to Work"

I worked at Mid America Clinical Laboratories

Pros

The medical benefits and fellow co-workers.

Cons

There is a lot of turnover in management and staff. Being told by your manager you are not allowed to go to HR for issues. HR knowing this is happening and not doing anything about it.

Treat employee's fairly and give raises/promotions when due and deserved to keep morale up.

There are newer employer reviews for Mid America Clinical Laboratories