Mid America Clinical Laboratories

Just Okay...

Current Employee - Medical Technologist  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Mid America Clinical Laboratories part-time

Pros

Multiple locations in Indiana allow more flexibility to work close to home. Annual performance-based bonus opportunity possible.

Cons

Reactive, not proactive. Poor training program. Management does not actively involve employees in determining solutions to problems, ways to improve. Little interest shown in employee satisfaction. Salary is based on years of experience, not competency/skills/contribution of employee. Very small step-up in pay for promotion to higher levels (lead tech, supervisor). Compensation is disappointing overall.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Mid America Clinical Laboratories (View Most Recent)

MACL does not care about their employees.

Former Employee - Medical Lab Assistant  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Medical Lab Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Mid America Clinical Laboratories full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits were about average. Health insurance may have seemed pricey, but now that I am unemployed and must buy "Obamacare", I realize their health insurance was a great deal. Paid double time on holidays. Shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends. Some of my coworkers were great people to work with.

Cons

Salaries below other health care labs. Hard to take time off due to small staffs and rules about being able to use PTO. Encouraged by management to cash in PTO hours instead of taking actual time off because it was too hard to cover schedule. Training of new employees was minimal. More important to get them to be able to cover shifts than to be properly trained. Very harsh program of keeping track of errors made. Can be fired at any time for errors, even when training was inadequate. Used to give yearly profit sharing bonuses, gifts at Christmas time and during Lab week. That stopped last year.

Mid level management i.e. Lab supervisors, should not supervise more than one lab at a time. They are expected to do too much and end up being ineffective and burnt out. This is a health care company that should be putting their patients first, but they seem to be putting profits first by over extending their supervisors, letting older experienced more highly paid staff go and staffing their labs with poorly trained lower salary staff. It would have been nice to meet the CEO at least once, but she did not make herself available to hourly staff.

I can not recommend MACL to anybody

Former Employee - Medical Technologist  in  Central, IN
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Central, IN

I worked at Mid America Clinical Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros

My experience with this company has left with nothing positive to share with prospective employees. I can think of no true positives about this company to share.

Cons

Policies not enforced consistently across the different facilities. Training programs are non-existent. Opportunities to move to other MACL facilities limited by the needs (staffing level, current major projects such as computer/instrument installs) of the facility you are currently working.

Treat your employees with dignity and respect. My co-workersand I felt that management did not see us as people with lives and families but only as a means to acheive their goals. Stop putting profit ahead of quality patient care.

There are newer employer reviews for Mid America Clinical Laboratories

Worked for Mid America Clinical Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!