Mid-South Community College

There are newer employer reviews for Mid-South Community College

You will learn a lot.

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in West Memphis, AR
Current Employee - Paraprofessional in West Memphis, AR

I have been working at Mid-South Community College part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are so many wonderful people at the company that make working there a pleasure. There's definitely a strong sense of culture. Additionally, working in the field of education provides so much personal fulfilment.

Cons

The pay isn't too good so if you plan to work here, you really have to be passionate about what you're doing. Also, there aren't any benefits for part-time workers. Because it's an educational institute, there are several days a year when you are off work for holiday purposes. If you're part-time, you don't get paid, and this is detrimental to those of us who have responsibilities. I have been in my department for more than four years, and I have yet to receive a raise though I am always applauded on my excellent contributions to the department.

Make sure to implement a morale program. It is essential that your associates are happy because they work directly with the clients. Discontentment among employees can, unfortunately, be expressed in their interaction with clients. If you treat your employees as if they're important, then they will go far and beyond to make sure that your department/organization is a success.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Mid-South Community College (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work and serve

I worked at Mid-South Community College

Pros

Great employees who are committed to their roles

Cons

Community is highly impoverished making funding a major challenge

About six control this place...if you are not one of those, they could care less about you.

I worked at Mid-South Community College

Pros

It was a job and the 401 is great.

Cons

About 90% of all hires stay less than three years. When no salary increase was given, the upper six were given a 5k raise. The president is well taken care of by: free home (over 800k spent between purchase and fixing it up), free utilities, free truck, free truck insurance. Of course some of this comes from the "foundation" that the college wants everyone to contribute to. In addition, if someone does leave, their remaining salary is put into the president's "contingency fund"...so he can spend as he feels.

Their registration is a joke. The hours are chopped up during the day and it is a all employee participation. Students go through an entire day to register and are told at the end they have to pay something down if they just started FASFA...that they started at the beginning of the day. The registration office even locked their doors, turned out their lights so students would not 'bother them'. Turning away students because it wasn't within the college's timeframe.

If I were ASU, I wouldn't touch this college with a ten foot pole without going over all the books to see where the money goes and the engrossed salary ranges between the worker bees and the upper six.

Quit trying to act like a politician (Bill Clinton). Treat your employees the way you do yourself. Upper six should be ashamed when they see their raise knowing others did not get one. Quit turning away students because it is not convenient for you at the time.

There are newer employer reviews for Mid-South Community College