MidAmerican Energy

www.midamerican.com

Good work/life balance, stable industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Pros

Excellent benefits package, 401(k) match, friendly work environment, diverse employees and job opportunities, professional development highly encouraged, stable industry, excellent opportunities for college students and recent grads

Cons

Pay could be better, but hard to complain given above-average benefits, promotions/pay increases are hard to come by so be sure you're satisfied with starting pay.

Fully satisfied with the leaders and upper management I've had the opportunity of working with

Other reviews for MidAmerican Energy

corrupt senior management; former chairman Sokol under federal investigation for insider trading

Pros

utility provides great service at low cost

Cons

will work employees to death without a second thought

treat employees with respect...a foreign concept to Sokol and Abel

It's a 3 ring circus !!!

Current Employee - Lineman
    Current Employee - Lineman

Pros

I have several years in as a lineman, So I have earned a few weeks vacation. This part is a 20 word minimum ,so il just keep typing since I really can't find anything positive to say at this time. I hope the company changes it's ways.But I doubt it will.GREED !!!

Cons

They want you to work for sub pay as a lineman. Compared to other lineman in our area. Management will lie to you and the Union contract is non existent. The supervisors try to get a crew to do unsafe practices just to get the job done. SHORT CUTS !!!

Give respect and pay back to the workers who have made you a record profit company. $600 million profit in 2011.

There are newer employer reviews for MidAmerican Energy.

Worked for MidAmerican Energy? Contribute to the Community!