MidAmerican Energy

www.midamerican.com

It's been an OK experience.

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Davenport, IA

ProsPay and benefits are fine. Great job security. Company takes safety seriously. Flexible schedule in IT - can put in 8 hours anytime between 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.

ConsMid-level management of the business departments (not IT) are very indecisive and do a lot of CYA. This causes decisions to be made slowly. IT middle management are generally fine to work with. I generally respect senior management but then also have limited contact with them. A few years ago they replaced vacation, sick time, family leave time with a single category of PTO. Net result is less time off. IT is still short-handed b/c of a hiring freeze after the 2008 economic crash. Training and travel budget was cut big time but is slowly coming back.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage your middle management to take risks and take responsibility. Be aggressive on hiring new IT workers - the short staffing is wearing people out.

Good work/life balance, stable industry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA

I have been working at MidAmerican Energy

Pros: Excellent benefits package, 401(k) match, friendly work environment, diverse employees and job opportunities,… Cons: Pay could be better, but hard to complain given above-average benefits, promotions/pay increases… Advice to Senior Management: Fully satisfied with the leaders and upper management I've had… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

corrupt senior management; former chairman Sokol under federal investigation for insider trading

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MidAmerican Energy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: utility provides great service at low cost Cons: will work employees to death without a second thought Advice to Senior Management: treat employees with respect...a foreign concept to Sokol and Abel No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MidAmerican Energy.

Worked for MidAmerican Energy? Contribute to the Community!