There are newer employer reviews for Midfirst Bank

Assistant Banking Center Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Banking Center Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Banking Center Manager

I have been working at Midfirst Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Pay & Advancement. Beautiful environment to work in. Benefits good for a financial institution. Open 7 days a week. Free Coin counting machines in all offices.

Cons

There are none about the company itself other than our banking centers still have not captured the market share of business. We still struggle to fill our lobbies and the deposit growth in whole for the Arizona Division is down considerable to where it was projected. The banking centers are very expensive to build and maintain the family does not hold back on the building materials that they require to be used. The banking centers are a piece of art and we love giving tours of them.

Watch your Regionals they break company policies and are careless with highly sensitive information.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Midfirst Bank (View Most Recent)

I loved my co workers and the company!

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Midfirst Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had great benefits, guaranteed hours, stable company, every year we got a Christmas bonus of $250. The first year I was there, I received $1,500 bonus and the 3rd year, I received a $5,000 cash bonus. I worked closely with my community, great co workers, lots of extra fun events during the year, I saw the same people daily so I always felt like I was talking to family not just customers.

Cons

Policies are changing every 2 seconds and they aren't black and white, they were always vague and everyone interrupted it differently. When calling to our back office to get help or answers, a lot of the time they were annoyed, treated you like you were interrupting their day or they would just send you around in circles for a simple answer. Some managers just didn't care about their employees and they have a strategic game they like to play where only favorites were promoted. Some managers don't care how long you have been there for, how much you do, they only care about numbers and will discard a hard working employee QUICK!

If you want low turn over, make sure your employees are happy! When employees reach out and need help from upper management, instead of turning away and finding ways to either fire them or transfer them... be a kind human being and be in their shoes and actually help your employees! Oh and make your goals realistic, realize that each banking center is different and needs to be treated as such...of course banking centers that are located in the heart of the rich in Scottsdale are going to be making all their goals while the banking centers that are located in the average joe Peoria section aren't going to be meeting the same exact goals.

Interview was misleading

Former Employee - Teller II  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Teller II in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midfirst Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employer matches 401k contributions, plenty of room for growth IF you are an aggressive salesperson.

Cons

Management and corporate only view the tellers as salespeople. Hard work, a regularly balanced cash drawer and more than satisfied customers (even with e-mails to the management) mean absolutely nothing to them if you are not aggressively harassing EVERY SINGLE customer in order to meet unrealistic sales goals.

Appreciate hard-working employees who may not be strong at sales. A team takes all kinds of people. The teller who meet their goals are often not doing behind the scenes jobs to make everything run smoothly.

There are newer employer reviews for Midfirst Bank

Worked for Midfirst Bank? Contribute to the Community!