There are newer employer reviews for Midfirst Bank

This is a great company and an enjoyable place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midfirst Bank

Pros

The people who work here help make the work experience enjoyable.

Cons

The salary range is lower than some other job opportunities in Oklahoma City.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Midfirst Bank (View Most Recent)

Not Recommended

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Midfirst Bank

Pros

Flex Time. Good training program. Pretty good health benefits and decent 401k.

Cons

The company environment is just very stiff and uptight. Overall, the company treats its employees like they don't trust them or they're children. Having to badge in every day is fine because it's a bank and it's for security purposes. But a lot of other things started to get irritating. Clocking in and out. Monitoring email/internet usage and creating monthly reports on those. Dress code. Tracking your productivity by keeping a record of what it is you worked on every minute of the day. Also, one day we had a snowstorm and nobody could get to work because of the roads being so bad. So instead of giving everyone the day off, they just made everyone take 8 hours of vacation! There's really no room for advancement and most of management either didn't know a lot of their subordinates and didn't care. Ultimately, they don't really care that they treat their employees badly because they're expendable and they'll be able to find someone in a week's notice easily.

Create some sort of actual incentive program that's fair and gives a substantive raise. It's hard to be motivated otherwise.

From a former Reporting Specialist

Former Employee - Reporting Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Reporting Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Midfirst Bank

Pros

I had a flexable schedule which was nice; as long as I got my 40 hours a week, they didn't care when I came or left. My management was very knowledgable and took time to explain the whys along with the other Ws.

Cons

They view your worth by your education. You may be the top of your field and an amazing employee with exceptional reviews but if you don't have your bachelor, they will not pay you your worth.

Employees are more than just education. Just because someone has their BA in Finance, it doesn not been they will be a good fit in the company. Look at the people you have currently and promote within.

There are newer employer reviews for Midfirst Bank

Worked for Midfirst Bank? Contribute to the Community!