Midland Memorial Hospital

rn

Current Employee - Nurse in Midland, TX
Current Employee - Nurse in Midland, TX

I have been working at Midland Memorial Hospital

Pros

great people, great location happy here

Cons

need better communication with workers

happy with what you are doing here

12 Other Employee Reviews for Midland Memorial Hospital (View Most Recent)

My travel nursing experience with Midland Memorial Hospital was an overall positive and enjoyable experience.

Former Employee - RN Resource Traveller in Midland, TX
    Former Employee - RN Resource Traveller in Midland, TX

I worked at Midland Memorial Hospital as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The pros include first, my peers. The overall peer, healthcare provider group were easy to work with. Most employees were positive, cared about the patients well-being and, took their jobs seriously. Truly a breath of fresh air. Staff work well together and help each other out freely. Supervisors are approachable and helpful. Most physicians were receptive to other staff and patient needs. Supplies well-stocked, plenty of computers and individual working space. Entire chart is found in the computer and easy to read once I learned the system, which was quick.

Cons

Their were not enough nursing assistants on the units. They were scheduled and came in, but would end up sitting one-on-one with certain patients. They need a better system for this. This causes the nurse to be responsible for total patient care way too often. To me this makes way for a dangerous situation for possible patient falls. Many times the nurse patient ratio is too high for great and safe care.

Expect more and check up on the nursing assistants actually performing their jobs. Many of them appear to be lazy or hiding out. They are well-educated and trained, good to the patients, and are great help when they do work, but can lean to tht lzy tendancy.

Too much politics!

I worked at Midland Memorial Hospital

Pros

Most of the staff are wonderful and make the days fly by

Cons

Senior management (directors and vps are very political and will throw you under the bus quickly!

There are newer employer reviews for Midland Memorial Hospital