Midland Public Schools

www.mps.k12.mi.us

Paraprofessionals

Paraprofessional (Former Employee) Midland, MI

ProsThis job entails working with children with special needs. It is part-time and work experience depends upon school working in. Midland High administrators are involved and helpful. This can be a very rewarding experience for someone who enjoys working with kids. The hours are capped at 29 per week... this is good for some people.

ConsAdministration down town does not always support educational goals. There are no benefits for parapros. Hours are capped at 29 hours a week, this is good or bad depending upon work goals. You do not get to choose your type of placement. There is not much upward mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementParaprofessionals need more support to do their jobs, benefits and more hours would help retain Paraprofessionals. This position is not comparablei in pay or benefits to other paraprofessional positions within the state. Paras need to have access to IEP's of the students they are working with in order to fully and successfully meet the needs of the student. Without the information they are at a loss as to what their duties and goals are for the student which makes it difficult for them to work with their student.

Great people, low pay

I have been working at Midland Public Schools

Pros: Great group of people to work with. Cons: Heavy workload, low pay, so-so benefits Advice to Senior Management: More planning is required No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Midland Public Schools.

Worked for Midland Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!